CHED Scholarship 2023/2024 Application is open to apply for all eligible Filipino students. The Commission on Higher Education – CHED has announced the launch of its CHED Merit Scholarship program (CMSP) 2023 to 2024 for all eligible Filipinos.
The CHED Scholarship Program 2023 is open for incoming college freshmen. CHED Scholarship 2023 – StuFAPs is to give financial support to students enrolled in authorized public or private higher education institutions (HEIs). This helps to ensure that education is accessible to all, especially to underprivileged and deserving children.
Table of Contents
- CHED Scholarship Program 2023/2024
- Benefits of CHED Scholarship 2023
- Financial Assistance
- Number of Slots for the Scholarship 2023
- Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements for CHED Scholarship 2023
- CHED Scholarship 2023 Deadline
- How to Apply for CHED Scholarship 2023
- Links to CHED Regional Offices
- CHED Scholarship 2023 – Ultimate Guide
CHED Scholarship Program 2023/2024
The CHED Scholarship Program 2023 is open for all incoming first-year college students who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED recognized priority programs in private higher education institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs). for the 2023-2024.
Benefits of CHED Scholarship 2023
Following is the list of CHED Scholarship Benefits a scholar will enjoy:
- Book/Connectivity allowance
- Tuition and other school fees (TOSF),
- Stipend per semester
Following is the list of financial assistance benefits a ched scholar will enjoy:
Private University (PHEIs)
Following are the financial assistance benefits for students studying in Private HEIs
CHED scholars enrolled in a private university will receive up to P40,000 for tuition and other school fees, up to P70,000 in stipend, and up to P10,000 as allowance.
State University (SUCs) / Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs)
Following are the financial assistance benefits for students studying in SUCs/LUC
CHED scholars who choose to enroll a state or public institution receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of up to P80,000.
Number of Slots for the Scholarship 2023
There are 13,455 slots open and available for students to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
Following are the qualifications and eligibility criteria required to apply for CHED Scholarship:
- The applicant must be Filipino citizen
- He or She must be Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with general weighted average (GWA) of at least 90%
- The candidate must be a Student-applicant belonging to the special group of persons such as the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Must avail only one government-funded financial assistance program.
- Must enroll in the Courses as intended in the list of CHED Priority Programs.
Click here for the complete list of CHED Priority Programs.
Documentary Requirements for CHED Scholarship 2023
The list of documents required to apply for CHED Merit Scholarship 2023 are as follows:
- Proof of Citizenship: Certified true copy of Birth Certificate
- Academic Requirements:
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students
- Income Requirements (whichever is applicable)
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; and
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income, for the children of Overseas Filipino Workers and seafarers
- Other Requirement
- Identification Card (ID) – Special Group (Underprivileged or Homeless, PWD, Solo Parent, Senior Citizen, Indigenous People.
CHED Scholarship 2023 Deadline
The CHED Merit Scholarship 2023 deadline for submission is May 31, 2023
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship 2023
You can apply for CHED Merit Scholarships 2023 Program by following these 3 easy steps:
- Prepare the complete documentary requirements
- Scan the required documents clearly.
- Send the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office.
Links to CHED Regional Offices
Following are the links to the CHED Regional Offices. Click on your CHED region to apply for CHED Scholarship 2023 online:
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX (Link will be updated soon)
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
For more information and inquiries, kindly contact your respective CHED Regional Office.
CHED Scholarship 2023 – Ultimate Guide