The significance of the study is a specific section written in the beginning of a thesis or research paper. Significance of the study is a short summary about why the research was performed, analysis and the outcomes.
Continue reading to know the importance of significance of study, how to write significance of the study (with example) and where to include the section in a thesis or research paper.
Table of Contents
- Significance of the study Meaning
- Importance in Research paper
- How to write Significance of the study
- Significance of the study Sample
Significance of the study Meaning
The significance of the study is a written statement that explains why the research was required on a particular academic subject. It justifies the significance of your work and its impact on your study field, as well as its contribution to new knowledge and how others will benefit from it.
Its objective is to explain why your study was necessary and what unique contribution your research made to expanding academic knowledge in your subject.
Importance in Research paper
The significance of a study ought to attract the reader’s interest. Researchers will appreciate your thesis or research work more if they fully understand its significance and possible impact.
Peer reviewers also examine the significance of the work, which impacts the acceptance / rejection of the submitted research paper.
How to write Significance of the study
Following are the 5 easy steps on how to write Significance of the study in your thesis or research paper:
- Beginning – Begin your Significance of the study section by giving a context to your subject and research work. This makes the reader easily understand the background of the topic on which you have conducted your research.
- Significance of the research – Write few sentences explaining the importance of the subject in real life situations. This will demonstrate to the reader the significance of the research.
- Explain how you conducted the research – Explaining how you conducted the study helps in understanding the underlying efforts you made to accomplish the thesis. Include any references and document notes that assisted you in doing the study. This allows you to maintain a positive impression on the reader and reviewer.
- The Outcomes – Clearly state the findings of the research. Make a point of emphasizing the research insights. Include reference to other people who worked on the same subject and how your outcomes differ from others. This will provide your reader a different perspective on how to read your research work.
- Real time and Future Implications – The importance of every research paper lies in its potential real time and future implication. What is the use of all the research if it doesn’t have real-time or future use. So, make sure to summarize all the importance points which contributes towards the potential implications of your research. Think ahead and mention specific implications of the outcomes of your thesis or research paper.
Significance of the study Sample
Following is the examples of Significance of the study:
1. Studying the Application of Solar Energy in Developing Nations
With the world shifting toward renewable energy, this research could provide valuable information on the feasibility and benefits of installing solar power solutions in developing countries. This has the ability to increase economic growth, reduce dependency on nonrenewable resources, and contribute to global climate change initiatives.
2. Use of Dumbbell exercise for Patients with Wrist Fracture
The most typical way for an arm bone to break is by a distal radius wrist fracture. Previously, the effect of dumbbell exercise on recovery was unclear. This study aims to improve the physiotherapy delivered to wrist fracture patients during their recovery. The findings of this study will immediately aid individuals with wrist fractures in terms of restoring muscle health and strength.
The dumbbell exercises suggested may be introduced by physiotherapists into their routines with these patients, which can also be performed at home by the patients. People who have suffered wrist fractures can regain normal function and return to work sooner if they recover faster and with fewer complications.