Security Bank, one of the Philippines largest banks, is committed to offering educational opportunities for students through its scholarship program. Students who meet the eligibility requirements are encouraged to submit an application for the Security Bank Scholarship 2023.
The goal of the Scholarship for Better Communities Scholarship Program is to help deserving but financially challenged students enrolled in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. Security Bank Foundation supports the award, and partner schools help with student screening, selection, and performance evaluation.
Table of Contents
- What are the Scholarship Benefits?
- Which courses are eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the partner schools?
- What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- What are the Application Requirements?
- Video Guide
- How to Apply for Security Bank Scholarship?
- What is the Application Period?
- Screening and Selection Process
- What are the Terms and Conditions
- What is Scholarship Renewal?
- What is Termination?
- People also ask:
What are the Scholarship Benefits?
Each scholar is eligible for the following benefits each academic year till he completes his higher education.
- A Stipend of Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- No allotment of Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees due to “Free Tuition Law”.
- A Stipend of Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- A Maximum of Php 100,000 of Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees per year.
Please keep in mind that financial assistance will only be granted up to a maximum amount per year and will be based on the number of months the programs are conducted and maintain to be conducted.
Which courses are eligible for the scholarship?
- Internal Auditing
- Financial Management
- Industrial Engineering
- Management Engineering
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Analytics/ Statistics
- Data Science
- Computer Science/ Technology
- Information Systems/ Technology
- Accounting Information System/ Technology,
Ongoing Scholarship: SM Scholarship 2023
What are the partner schools?
There are 8 partner schools for Security Bank Foundation
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
- Should be graduating Grade 12 student from public or private school
- No parent should currently be employed or assigned in Security Bank
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools of Security Bank Inc. in NCR
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by the schools
- Have a latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
What are the Application Requirements?
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
- Birth Certificate
- Online Application Form (http://bit.ly/ExternalApplicationAY2023)
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
Also Read: DSWD Educational Assistance
How to Apply for Security Bank Scholarship?
- If this is your first time applying for a Security Bank Scholarship, Apply now here
- If you want to renew your scholarship, Renew your scholarship now.
What is the Application Period?
For Academic Year (AY) 2023 – 2024:
- Opening of Applications: May 2, 2023
- Deadline of Applications: June 30, 2023
Screening and Selection Process
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools/universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Ongoing Scholarship: CHED Scholarship 2023
What are the Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance begins in the first year of the tertiary course and continues until the graduation is completed.
- Each school term, the scholar must be enrolled in at least the minimum amount of units/load required by the school.
- Scholars must maintain an 86% overall weighted average and an 80% per subject grade by the end of the semester/trimester.
What is Scholarship Renewal?
Scholars should renew their scholarships at the end of each academic term (semester/trimester). For renewal, the following documents must be submitted:
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement)
What is Termination?
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship for any of the following reasons:
- Availment of another scholarship
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Failure to meet general weighted average
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects
People also ask:
The Security Bank Scholarship is a financial assistance program for deserving Filipino students pursuing undergraduate degrees. Applicants must be enrolled at a Security Bank Foundation partner school and meet certain academic and financial requirements to be eligible.
No, it’s not possible to apply.
No. The scholarship is only available to students enrolled in one of the eight partner schools, which are Ateneo De Manila University, Chiang Kai Shek College, De La Salle University – Manila, Far Eastern University – Manila, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Polytechnic University of the Philippines, University of the Philippines – Diliman, and University of Santo Tomas.
No, not always. Upon application, you may just send the application confirmation. If the applicant is selected for the online interview round, the certificate of acceptance from the partner school will be required.
No, the scholarship is only available to incoming freshman.