The CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship is a program provided by the Philippines Commission on Higher Education (CHED). Its goal is to provide financial assistance to qualified and deserving students pursuing a college degree.
To help students maintain and pursue their college or tertiary education, CHED offers different scholarship programs for eligible and qualified students. The CHED Tulong Dunong Program (TDP), one of CHED’s Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs), is one of these scholarships.
Table of Contents
- What is CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
- What are the Benefits?
- What are the Requirements?
- Who can apply for CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship
- Availability of Slots
- What are the Qualifications?
- CHED Priority Courses
- How to Apply for CHED Tulong Dunong Program Grants?
- Important Notes
- Application Deadline
Students who meet the requirements will receive Php 15,000 in financial assistance for their tertiary education. If you want to learn more about this scholarship program, please read the requirements as we provide a detailed guide for interested student applicants.
What is CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship?
The Tulong Dunong Program (TDP), often known as CHED-TDP, is one of CHED’s many scholarship programs. This program aims to help eligible and qualified Filipino students. The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) together granted this scholarship grant to help students with their educational expenses and tuition fees.
This scholarship program is extremely beneficial to Filipino students, especially those who cannot afford to go to college. That’s a great opportunity for Filipino students to complete their college degrees for free or to lessen their financial difficulty.
This scholarship grant is intended for new grantees enrolled or planning to enroll in any curriculum level of CHED recognized programs at Private Higher Education Institutions (Private HEIs), State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs) with Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC).
The Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC) certifies that the specific degree programs offered by SUCs/LUCs are fully compliance with the Commission on Higher Education policies, regulations, standards, and guidelines This is to ensure that the existing degrees/programs they offer are of good quality.
Cong. Benny Abante has announced the launch his commitment to improving the lives of his constituents through CHED-Tulong Dunong program – TES Grant.
What are the Benefits?
Grantees or student grantees are eligible for a grant of fifteen thousand pesos – Php 15,000 per academic year to help with the expenses of their tertiary education.
This includes school expenses or tuition fees as well as a living allowance.
Also Read: List of CHED Scholarship Programs
What are the Requirements?
To be eligible for the CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship program, student applicants must first complete the following requirements:
- Certificate of Registration/Enrolment (COR/COE) as proof of current enrollment
- Certificate of Indigency. PURPOSE: For Scholarship Grant/TDP-TES Grant Program
- 2 Photocopies of current and valid School ID – front and back
- 1pc 1×1 picture
- Accomplished TDP-TES Grant Program Form – available at the CITY HALL SATELLITE OFFICE upon submission of the previous documentary requirements
- High School Report Card – for incoming freshmen students that are eligible for college.
- A duly Certified Copy of ALS Accreditation and Equivalency Certificate – for ALS passer.
- A duly Certified Copy of the PEPT Certificate of Advancing to the Next Level – for Philippine Educational Placement Test passer.
- A duly Certified True Copy of Grades for the latest semester/term attended – for student applicants with Earned Units in college in CHED recognized Private HEIs and SUCs/LUCs with COPC.
Income Requirements (whichever is applicable):
- The latest Income Tax Return (ITR) and a Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Form 2316 are for fixed income earners’ parents/guardians if employed.
- A Certificate of Tax Exemption from the BIR for unemployed parents/guardians.
- A Certificate of Indigence from the Barangay.
- A Certificate of Indigence/Case Study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).
- For the children of OFW and Seafarers, the latest copy of the contract or proof of income.
Who can apply for CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship
The CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship 2023 is open for all college students of the 6th District of Manila who are currently enrolled in the following institutions:
- Unibersidad de Manila (UDM)
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)
- Eulogio “Amang” Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST)
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)
- Other SUCs at HEIs in Manila
Availability of Slots
Following is the number of slots available for CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship for the various institutions:
- Unibersidad de Manila (UDM)- 40 SLOTS
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM)- 40 SLOTS
- Eulogio “Amang” Rodriguez Institute of Science and Technology (EARIST)- 40 SLOTS
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP)- 40 SLOTS
- Other SUCs at HEIs in Manila – 40 SLOTS
Also Read: Iskolar ng LandBank Scholarship
What are the Qualifications?
Student applicants must first meet the following qualifications to be eligible for the CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship program:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Parents/guardians combined annual gross income shall not exceed Four Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php 400,000).
- Applicants must be High School graduates or College students with earned units in CHED recognized degree/programs of Private Higher Education Institutions (Private HEIs), SUCs or LUCs with COPC having at least a passing General Weighted Average (GWA), or a passer of Alternative Learning System (ALS) or a passer of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
- The student is not a transferee from another course or college
- Not a beneficiary of other scholarship grants
CHED Priority Courses
The below is a list of CHED-recognized programs or priority courses offered by Private Higher Education Institutions (Private HEIs), State Universities and Colleges (SUCs), and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs).
- Physics/Applied Physics
- Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Forensic Sciences
- Industrial Security Administration
- Human Biology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Marine Biology
- Marine Science
- Environmental Science
- Disaster Risk Management/Climate Change
- Civil Technology
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Industrial Technology
- Engineering Technology
- Cyber Security
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Information System
- Library and Information Science
- Entertainment and Multimedia Computing
- Automotive Technology
- Aviation Technology
- Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Ceramic Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering/Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Food Engineering
- Geodetic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Manufacturing/Production Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Marine Transportation
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Robotics Engineering
- Sanitary Engineering
- Structural Engineering
D. Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries
- Agriculture Technology
- Agriculture and its hybrid programs
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Science
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Food Technology/Science
- Statistics/Applied Statistics
- Math/Applied Math
F. Other Priority Courses
- Business Administration with Specialization/Major/Track in Business Analytics
- Business Administration with Specialization/Major/Track in Business Processing Outsource
- Hospitality Management/Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Tourism/Travel Management
Also Read: DSWD Educational Assistance
How to Apply for CHED Tulong Dunong Program Grants?
All interested and eligible applicants can apply for the scholarship by submitting all required documents at the following address:
CITY HALL SATELLITE OFFICE
Office of Councilor Benny Fog Abante Room 473, Manila City Hall
Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
LOOK FOR: ELZEE TUMANENG
Applicants must keep in mind the following important points while applying for the scholarship:
- Please note that the application for the scholarship grant is on First come First serve basis.
- The documentary requirements must be complete to be given the TDP-TES Grant Program Form.
- The scholarship grant will be provided by CHED to UDM/PLM/EARIST/PUP/other qualified college or university where the student is enrolled as an assistance to their studies in such school.
- The final decision on the selection of qualified applicants will come from CHED.
The deadline to apply for CHED Tulong Dunong Scholarship is September 25, 2023. There will be no extension in deadline.
The CHED Tulong Dunong Program scholarship is a financial assistance program offered by the Philippines Commission on Higher Education (CHED). It aims to help financially challenged students in pursuing higher education by providing financial assistance for tuition, school fees, and a monthly allowance.
Interested applicants may apply each academic year by submitting the necessary documents and going through the selection process. The application process and requirements change, so check with the CHED website for the most up-to-date information.
Students are eligible for a grant of fifteen thousand pesos (Php 15,000) per academic year.
Student grantees must have a passing general weighted average, regardless of the passing grade for each subject.
Student grantees are recommended to renew their application each academic year in order to keep receiving financial benefits until their final year of education.
Students can apply using one of three methods:
They can apply directly to their region Commission on Higher Education Regional Office (CHEDRO) or via an online application.
The third way to apply for a CHED-TDP scholarship grant is to send the application via courier.
If you pick an online application, any supplementary documents must be in PDF format.
The CHED-TDP scholarship is for qualified and eligible Filipino students. They may be High School graduates or College students with earned units in CHED recognized degree/programs of Private Higher Education Institutions (Private HEIs), SUCs or LUCs with COPC, or a passer of the Alternative Learning System (ALS), or a passer of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT).
Student applicants must be Filipino citizens to be eligible for the CHED-TDP scholarship program. They must also be High School graduates or College students with earned units in CHED recognized degree/programs of Private Higher Education Institutions (Private HEIs), SUCs, or LUCs with COPC, with a passing General Weighted Average (GWA), or a passer of the Alternative Learning System (ALS), or a passer of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT). Also, their parents or guardians annual gross income cannot exceed four hundred thousand pesos (Php 400,000).
Some of the documents required are from previous or current HEIs, such as a High School Report Card for new students students who are eligible for college, a duly Certified True Copy of Grades for the most recent semester/term attended for student applicants with Earned Units in college in CHED recognized Private HEIs and SUCs/LUCs with COPC, a Certified Copy of ALS Accreditation and Equivalency Certificate for Alternative Learning System (ALS) passer, and Test passer.
Any of the following documents are required: the most recent Income Tax Return (ITR) and a Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Form 2316 for fixed income earners parents/guardians, if employed; a Certificate of Tax Exemption from the BIR for unemployed parents/guardians; a Certificate of Indigence from the Barangay; a Certificate of Indigence/Case Study from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD); or the most recent copy of contract or proof of income for children of OFW and seafarers.
CHED priority courses are in high demand and are important to the country’s development. Accounting, agriculture, education, engineering, and health sciences are some examples…
The Tulong Dunong Program is a financial assistance program for CHED priority courses students.
Application deadlines vary by region and school. It is important to check with the CHED Regional Office or your school’s website for the deadline.
Grantees or student grantees are eligible for a grant of fifteen thousand pesos (Php 15,000) per academic year to help with the expenses of their tertiary education. This includes school expenses or tuition fees as well as a living allowance.
Note: Our articles are solely for informational purposes. We are not affiliated to the entities featured. The source/s are provided at the bottom of each article so that you can double-check the authenticity of the articles.
[Source: Benny Abante]