The Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship 2024-2025 program is open to apply. The Philippine Medical Association (PMA) in partnership with the Takeda Science Foundation (TSF) has announced the launch of its Scholarship program for the year 2024-2025.
Table of Contents
- What is Takeda Science Foundation (TSF)
- About Philippine Medical Association (PMA)
- Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship 2024
- Study Program Timeline
- Benefits of Takeda Science Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
- Scholarship Application Deadline
- How to Apply for Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship program
What is Takeda Science Foundation (TSF)
Takeda Science Foundation (TSF) is the social responsibility entity run and operated by the Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. The Foundation is authorized as Public Interest Incorporated Foundations, under laws of Japan and provides opportunities for advanced bioscience research works and training to medical doctors and researchers from various countries including the Philippines, by having them attend leading institutions in Japan.
The TSF has provided financial assistance to more than 180 Filipino physicians and scientists to undergo postgraduate fellowship training.
About Philippine Medical Association (PMA)
PMA means Philippine Medical Association. The mission of Philippine Medical Association is to serve its members thru increased benefits, enhanced professional development, and the promotion and defense of the rights and privileges of the Medical Profession.
With the help of the administrative support of PMA, the Takeda Science Foundation wishes to continue and expand its capacity building initiative by providing scholarship opportunities to eligible students.
Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship 2024
The Takeda Science Foundation of Osaka, Japan is calling in applications for scholarships. TSF offers scholarships each year to PMA members for further studies on any field of preference or interest in Japan.
The Fellowship program can be availed of during the period of time extending from April 2024 to March 2025.
Also Read: DOST Scholarship
Study Program Timeline
Scholarship / Fellowship Program for FY 2024
- Clinical Studies – 3 to 6 months (or)
- Basic Medical Research – Maximum of 2 years.
Benefits of Takeda Science Scholarship
Following is the list of benefits covered under Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship 2024:
- Round trip Airfare from Manila-Japan-Manila (normal economy).
- Monthly Stipend of ¥300,000 (PHP113,900*) for the duration of the program covering the board and lodging and other incidental expenses.
- If average monthly housing cost exceeds ¥50,000 (PHP18,900*), additional support will be given to a maximum of ¥50,000 (PHP18,900*) as housing allowance to cover the excess, but only for monthly rent and not other utilities.
- ¥10,000 (PHP3,800*) for transportation expenses between the airport and the institution in Japan where the studies will be undertaken.
*depending upon the currency conversion rates
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
Following the list of eligibility criteria, a candidate must meet to be able to apply for scholarship:
- Philippine Medical Association Members in Good Standing;
- Those who have been accepted to a center in Japan where one wishes to undergo training or undertake his/her research;
- Not more than 45 years of age for Clinical Studies or 35 years of age for Basic Medical Research at the time the fellowship will be availed of;
- Those who intend to return to the Philippines upon completion of the fellowship.
Also Read: College Scholarships
Scholarship Application Deadline
- The Takeda Foundation Scholarship is ongoing and is open to apply now.
- The deadline date to apply for Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship is December 20, 2023.
How to Apply for Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship program
All interested and eligible applicants can apply for Takeda Science Foundation Scholarship 2024. To request for the list of requirements and application forms, please email at [email protected]
For more information, contact The Philippine Medical Association at the address below:
The Philippine Medical Association
c/o Ms. Tracy G. Salcedo, Senior Admin Assistant
2nd floor, PMA Building, North Avenue, Quezon City
Note: Our articles are solely for informational purposes. We are not affiliated to the entities featured. The source/s are provided at the bottom of each article so that you can double-check the authenticity of the articles.
[Source: Philippine Medical Association]